Showcause notices to senior Delhi Police officers
New Delhi: Government has served show-cause notices to two senior IPS officers and several others asking them to explain why action should not be initiated against them for alleged dereliction of duty in connection with the December 16 gang-rape incident here.
The show-cause notices were served against the then Delhi Police Special Commissioner (Operations) Deepak Mishra, the then Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Satyendra Garg besides a DCP and an Additional DCP (both IPS cadre) and two DANIPS officers, official sources said.
The police officers were asked to clarify why PCR vans could not be reached faster and why such system could not be developed so that there is no jurisdiction issue in registering any case, sources said.
They were also asked to explain lapses and why a departmental enquiry should not be initiated against them.
Efforts to reach Mishra and Garg did not yield any result.
Action has also been initiated against one senior DANICS officer posted as Secretary, State Transport Authority, Delhi government. One inspector and seven constables have already been suspended besides the Assistant Secretary, Transport Authority of Delhi government.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna has also suspended two ACP rank officers immediately after the gang-rape incident. Thus, 11 officers of various ranks have been suspended and seven senior officers have been proceeded against, sources said.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped on a moving bus by six man on December 16 leading to huge public outrage. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday