Showcause notices to senior Delhi Police officers
New Delhi: Government has served show-cause notices to two senior IPS officers and several others asking them to explain why action should not be initiated against them for alleged dereliction of duty in connection with the December 16 gang-rape incident here.
The show-cause notices were served against the then Delhi Police Special Commissioner (Operations) Deepak Mishra, the then Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Satyendra Garg besides a DCP and an Additional DCP (both IPS cadre) and two DANIPS officers, official sources said.
The police officers were asked to clarify why PCR vans could not be reached faster and why such system could not be developed so that there is no jurisdiction issue in registering any case, sources said.
They were also asked to explain lapses and why a departmental enquiry should not be initiated against them.
Efforts to reach Mishra and Garg did not yield any result.
Action has also been initiated against one senior DANICS officer posted as Secretary, State Transport Authority, Delhi government. One inspector and seven constables have already been suspended besides the Assistant Secretary, Transport Authority of Delhi government.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna has also suspended two ACP rank officers immediately after the gang-rape incident. Thus, 11 officers of various ranks have been suspended and seven senior officers have been proceeded against, sources said.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped on a moving bus by six man on December 16 leading to huge public outrage. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested