Showcause notices to senior Delhi Police officers
New Delhi: Government has served show-cause notices to two senior IPS officers and several others asking them to explain why action should not be initiated against them for alleged dereliction of duty in connection with the December 16 gang-rape incident here.
The show-cause notices were served against the then Delhi Police Special Commissioner (Operations) Deepak Mishra, the then Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Satyendra Garg besides a DCP and an Additional DCP (both IPS cadre) and two DANIPS officers, official sources said.
The police officers were asked to clarify why PCR vans could not be reached faster and why such system could not be developed so that there is no jurisdiction issue in registering any case, sources said.
They were also asked to explain lapses and why a departmental enquiry should not be initiated against them.
Efforts to reach Mishra and Garg did not yield any result.
Action has also been initiated against one senior DANICS officer posted as Secretary, State Transport Authority, Delhi government. One inspector and seven constables have already been suspended besides the Assistant Secretary, Transport Authority of Delhi government.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna has also suspended two ACP rank officers immediately after the gang-rape incident. Thus, 11 officers of various ranks have been suspended and seven senior officers have been proceeded against, sources said.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped on a moving bus by six man on December 16 leading to huge public outrage. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says