Showers cool Delhi, nearby areas
New Delhi: Brief rains on Tuesday cooled the national capital and its adjoining areas after days of humid weather.
The afternoon shower brought down the morning temperature of 29.4 degrees Celsius.
The Met office had forecast a cloudy day with light rains and thundershowers in some areas.
Delhi was lashed by heavy rains on July 13 and more rains followed four days later. It had been a dry spell since then.
Monday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 35.8 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season`s average, while the minimum temperature settled a notch above the season`s average at 27.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?