Showers cool Delhi, nearby areas
New Delhi: Brief rains on Tuesday cooled the national capital and its adjoining areas after days of humid weather.
The afternoon shower brought down the morning temperature of 29.4 degrees Celsius.
The Met office had forecast a cloudy day with light rains and thundershowers in some areas.
Delhi was lashed by heavy rains on July 13 and more rains followed four days later. It had been a dry spell since then.
Monday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 35.8 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season`s average, while the minimum temperature settled a notch above the season`s average at 27.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16