Shunglu report is self contradictory: Dikshit
New Delhi: Under pressure over the severe
indictment by the Shunglu Committee, Delhi Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday said its finding was "self contradictory"
and criticised the panel for lack of understanding on the City
government`s role in conduct of Commonwealth Games.
Rejecting the findings of the PM-appointed probe panel
which indicted both Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna and her for
alleged irregularities in certain Games projects, Dikshit also
said she would be the first person to question herself if any
wrongdoing had been committed by her.
"If there is an instance of corruption against me, I
certainly would be the first person to question myself...It
was not my duty to go to project sites at midnight or 2
o`clock or 3 o`clock in the morning. I did everything possible
so that India`s image is not affected," Dikshit told PTI in an
interview, a day after she met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"I am not hurt by it (the Shunglu Committee report) or
anything like that but I do feel that there has been a lack of
understanding about what we did," she said, calling the report
"Broadly our observation is that some conclusions have
been arrived at without adequate support of facts. Assumptions
, presumptions have come. Secondly the report contradicts
itself...Show us a case of corruption. Just show us that this
was a corrupt practice. We will take action." she said.
The Chief Minister, during a meeting with
the prime minister, conveyed to him that the findings of the
panel are "unfair" and "inconsistent".
"We stepped in where we were asked to step in, not
otherwise. I had not even seen what the Games village looked
like. If I was asked by (then Sports Minister) Mr M S Gill to
go to a particular stadium, I went there, happilly went there.
We did whatever we were asked to do," said Dikshit.
"We are going to answer paragraph-by-paragraph to the
report. What surprised us was the report had not even come to
us but it was available in the public domain. When something
comes on the public domain then you and I have a equal right
to say what your understanding is and what our understanding
is," she said.
Asked whether Shunglu committee ever sought her
opinion before finalising the report, Dikshit said she did not
know whether it had terms of reference to do that.
"I dont know whether it had terms of referrence to do
that. All that I know was that the Shunglu Committee perhaps
asked many of our departments for papers," she said.
Criticising the findings, Dikshit quoting the report
said "in the beginning it says, the Delhi of 2003 would have
served for the Commonwealth Games in 2010. So why was there
all these wastes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in