Sikar gangrape victim referred to AIIMS
Jaipur: The 11-year-old girl who was gangraped in Sikar and has undergone treatment here for over five months, which has included five major surgeries, was Friday referred to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi for specialised treatment.
"The girl was sent to Delhi in an ambulance by road. Five major operations were performed on her but her condition was not improving up to the expectation so it was decided to shift her to the AIIMs," Dr S D Sharma, Superintendent of J K Lone hospital-Jaipur, said.
A medical department spokesperson said the government would bear the expenses of the girl, who was admitted to the hospital in August last year.
The teenager, who hails from Darbhanga in Bihar, came to Sikar with her mother and sisters after her father`s demise. She was kidnapped and gangraped by two men, SP Sikar Gaurav Srivastava said.
They have been arrested and are presently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials