Sikar gangrape victim referred to AIIMS
Jaipur: The 11-year-old girl who was gangraped in Sikar and has undergone treatment here for over five months, which has included five major surgeries, was Friday referred to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi for specialised treatment.
"The girl was sent to Delhi in an ambulance by road. Five major operations were performed on her but her condition was not improving up to the expectation so it was decided to shift her to the AIIMs," Dr S D Sharma, Superintendent of J K Lone hospital-Jaipur, said.
A medical department spokesperson said the government would bear the expenses of the girl, who was admitted to the hospital in August last year.
The teenager, who hails from Darbhanga in Bihar, came to Sikar with her mother and sisters after her father`s demise. She was kidnapped and gangraped by two men, SP Sikar Gaurav Srivastava said.
They have been arrested and are presently under judicial custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife