Sikar gangrape victim referred to AIIMS
Jaipur: The 11-year-old girl who was gangraped in Sikar and has undergone treatment here for over five months, which has included five major surgeries, was Friday referred to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi for specialised treatment.
"The girl was sent to Delhi in an ambulance by road. Five major operations were performed on her but her condition was not improving up to the expectation so it was decided to shift her to the AIIMs," Dr S D Sharma, Superintendent of J K Lone hospital-Jaipur, said.
A medical department spokesperson said the government would bear the expenses of the girl, who was admitted to the hospital in August last year.
The teenager, who hails from Darbhanga in Bihar, came to Sikar with her mother and sisters after her father`s demise. She was kidnapped and gangraped by two men, SP Sikar Gaurav Srivastava said.
They have been arrested and are presently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi