Sikh groups protest outside Rahul`s residence
New Delhi: Around 200 members of the Sikh community Monday staged a protest outside Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s residence here and demanded the names of and action against the Congress leaders involved in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
The protest came after Gandhi said in a recent TV interview that "some Congressmen were probably involved" in the anti-Sikh riots following the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi by her Sikh bodyguards.
The protesters, belonging to the Shiromani Akali Dal and the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee, raised slogans against Rahul Gandhi while protesting at his Tughlaq Lane residence here.
"They are protesting peacefully so no action has been taken against them," a police official told a news agency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'