Sikh groups protest outside Rahul`s residence
New Delhi: Around 200 members of the Sikh community Monday staged a protest outside Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s residence here and demanded the names of and action against the Congress leaders involved in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
The protest came after Gandhi said in a recent TV interview that "some Congressmen were probably involved" in the anti-Sikh riots following the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi by her Sikh bodyguards.
The protesters, belonging to the Shiromani Akali Dal and the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee, raised slogans against Rahul Gandhi while protesting at his Tughlaq Lane residence here.
"They are protesting peacefully so no action has been taken against them," a police official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video