Sikh groups protest outside Rahul`s residence
New Delhi: Around 200 members of the Sikh community Monday staged a protest outside Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s residence here and demanded the names of and action against the Congress leaders involved in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
The protest came after Gandhi said in a recent TV interview that "some Congressmen were probably involved" in the anti-Sikh riots following the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi by her Sikh bodyguards.
The protesters, belonging to the Shiromani Akali Dal and the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee, raised slogans against Rahul Gandhi while protesting at his Tughlaq Lane residence here.
"They are protesting peacefully so no action has been taken against them," a police official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days