Sikh journalist apprehends threat to life
New Delhi: A journalist, who had hurled a
shoe at Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram, on Wednesday alleged he was roughed up outside a Delhi court following the hearing in
anti-Sikh riots cases against Congress leader Sajjan Kumar.
Jarnail Singh filed a written complaint with Karkardooma
court police post apprehending threat to his life and alleged
that one Atma Singh Lubana and others used abusive words
against him and tried to push him around this afternoon.
"Lubana, who is alleged to have won over witnesses in
1984 anti-Sikh riots cases, also threatened me with dire
consequences in the presence of police personnel," he said in
the complaint, demanding action.
Following the incident outside the gate of Karkardooma
courts complex, Singh said he was taken to the police post
after intervention by the policemen present at the site.
Sajjan Kumar, the former Outer Delhi MP along with others
today appeared before a Delhi court which granted them bail in
two anti-Sikh riots cases.
Scores of Sikh protesters had gathered outside the court
raising slogans and demanding action against the guilty in the
Singh had lobbed a shoe at a press conference of
Chidambaram on April 8 last year following the CBI`s clean
chit to former Union Minister and Congress leader Jagdish
Tytler in the anti-Sikh riots case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India