Sikhs protest near Sonia Gandhi’s residence
New Delhi: Angry Sikhs on Thursday staged a protest near Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s residence against the acquittal of party leader Sajjan Kumar in an anti-Sikh riots case.
Shouting slogans, the protesters started their march from Mansingh Road and broke some barricades to move forward.
However, they were prevented from marching ahead near Gandhi`s residence.
Some of the protesters, who set afire tyres, also entered into a scuffle with some policemen. A large number of policemen were also deployed near Gandhi`s 10-Janpath residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience