Sikhs protest near Sonia Gandhi’s residence
New Delhi: Angry Sikhs on Thursday staged a protest near Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s residence against the acquittal of party leader Sajjan Kumar in an anti-Sikh riots case.
Shouting slogans, the protesters started their march from Mansingh Road and broke some barricades to move forward.
However, they were prevented from marching ahead near Gandhi`s residence.
Some of the protesters, who set afire tyres, also entered into a scuffle with some policemen. A large number of policemen were also deployed near Gandhi`s 10-Janpath residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- GST: 1% additional tax dropped; states to get full compensation for first 5 years
- Did PCB chief Shaharyar Khan gift 'hijabs' to ECB's female staff? Here's the truth...
- Brie Larson admits she feared backlash for 'Captain Marvel' casting
- Karnataka bus strike called off but do you know how much it cost the exchequer?
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?