`Similarities between Delhi HC & Mehrauli blasts`
New Delhi: Police on Saturday said the recent low
intensity explosion outside the Delhi High Court has
similarities with the Mehrauli blast of 2008 but ruled out any
link with the terrorist strike outside Jama Masjid ahead of
Delhi Police Commissioner BK Gupta told reporters here
that investigations into these cases were still on and a
breakthrough is yet to be achieved.
"The blasts outside the Delhi High Court and in Mehrauli
have some similarities. Low intensity explosives were used in
both the blasts and no group claimed responsibility for either
of them," Gupta told reporters.
He said that in the Delhi High Court incident, police had
received the CFSL report which claimed that the explosive used
in the bomb in the High Court was ammonium nitrate.
A minor blast took place outside the High Court on May 25
this year while the Mehrauli explosion had taken place on
September 28, 2008, a fortnight after serial blasts had rocked
Two Taiwanese mediapersons were injured in a shooting
incident outside Jama Masjid followed by a blast in a car on
September 19 last year. Indian Mujahideen had claimed
responsibility for the incident.
Police is yet to make a breakthrough in probe in these
cases, Gupta said.
On the murder of a student Shobit Modi in south Delhi, he
said police is yet to arrest the culprit.
"We are investigating the case. We have profiled around
7,500 people including criminals, drivers, mall staffers and
the boy`s friends," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Concerned by amended child labour bill in India: UN
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq set for second stint as England spin guru
- Rio 2016: Note perfect Andy Murray ready for more Olympic glory
- Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand clear case of intelligence failure: Defence Expert
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside