`Similarities between Delhi HC & Mehrauli blasts`
New Delhi: Police on Saturday said the recent low
intensity explosion outside the Delhi High Court has
similarities with the Mehrauli blast of 2008 but ruled out any
link with the terrorist strike outside Jama Masjid ahead of
Delhi Police Commissioner BK Gupta told reporters here
that investigations into these cases were still on and a
breakthrough is yet to be achieved.
"The blasts outside the Delhi High Court and in Mehrauli
have some similarities. Low intensity explosives were used in
both the blasts and no group claimed responsibility for either
of them," Gupta told reporters.
He said that in the Delhi High Court incident, police had
received the CFSL report which claimed that the explosive used
in the bomb in the High Court was ammonium nitrate.
A minor blast took place outside the High Court on May 25
this year while the Mehrauli explosion had taken place on
September 28, 2008, a fortnight after serial blasts had rocked
Two Taiwanese mediapersons were injured in a shooting
incident outside Jama Masjid followed by a blast in a car on
September 19 last year. Indian Mujahideen had claimed
responsibility for the incident.
Police is yet to make a breakthrough in probe in these
cases, Gupta said.
On the murder of a student Shobit Modi in south Delhi, he
said police is yet to arrest the culprit.
"We are investigating the case. We have profiled around
7,500 people including criminals, drivers, mall staffers and
the boy`s friends," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31