Singhvi dropped as witness in case against Anna
New Delhi: The name of Congress MP Abhishek
Manu Singhvi has been dropped by a Delhi court from the list
of witnesses in a complaint for prosecution of social activist
Anna Hazare and his team members for allegedly instigating
public against government during their anti-graft campaign
Metropolitan Magistrate Anil Kumar dropped Singhvi`s name
saying that the Rajya Sabha member was made witness for
"sensationalising" the matter.
The court withdrew its order summoning Singhvi on a plea
by the parliamentarian, who said he had been made witness
(without his consent) by Haryana resident Satbir in his
"I find nothing in the complaint as to how he (Singhvi) is
relevant in the present case or what facts have been witnessed
by him," the court said.
While noting that Singhvi`s name was not mentioned
correctly in the application, the court said, "The same
reflects deliberation on part of the complainant to get
issued summons to him in capacity of witness for sensation or
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!