Singhvi dropped as witness in case against Anna
New Delhi: The name of Congress MP Abhishek
Manu Singhvi has been dropped by a Delhi court from the list
of witnesses in a complaint for prosecution of social activist
Anna Hazare and his team members for allegedly instigating
public against government during their anti-graft campaign
Metropolitan Magistrate Anil Kumar dropped Singhvi`s name
saying that the Rajya Sabha member was made witness for
"sensationalising" the matter.
The court withdrew its order summoning Singhvi on a plea
by the parliamentarian, who said he had been made witness
(without his consent) by Haryana resident Satbir in his
"I find nothing in the complaint as to how he (Singhvi) is
relevant in the present case or what facts have been witnessed
by him," the court said.
While noting that Singhvi`s name was not mentioned
correctly in the application, the court said, "The same
reflects deliberation on part of the complainant to get
issued summons to him in capacity of witness for sensation or
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre