Single window system in Delhi to clear poll-related activities
New Delhi: Election Commission on Friday decided to put in place a single window system in all districts of Delhi to grant permission for poll-related activities, including organising rallies and processions.
The commission made the announcement in a meeting with the representatives of various political outfits.
During the meeting, political parties complained that there were being forced to obtain permission from a number of agencies such as SHOs, Returning Officers, DDA, MCD and some other departments which has affected the preparations for the December 4 Assembly polls.
"Political parties said that they were obtaining permissions from multiple agencies for election related activities leading to confusions following which we mooted the proposal of creation of a single window system at the District Election Officers` office.
"All the departments and agencies involved in giving permission will sit under one roof and give required permission," Deputy Election Commissioner and in-charge of Delhi polls Vinod Zutshi said.
Commission will fix a time-frame for taking decisions on applications by the political parties for election related issues, he said.
The meeting was also attended by Chief Electoral Officer of Delhi Vijay Dev, all District Election officers and DCPs.
A number of political parties including Congress, BJP and AAP had approached the Commission expressing dissatisfaction over enforcement of Model Code of Conduct by various agencies and restrictions imposed on publicity campaigns.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday had complained that there was lack of uniformity in enforcement of Model Code of Conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends