Sister of gang-rape accused dies, family denies suicide reports
New Delhi: A minor sister of one of the accused in the December 16 gangrape of a paramedical student died over the weekend after prolonged illness, her family said.
The girl, sister of accused Pawan Gupta, was not keeping well for some time and she passed away on Saturday, the counsel for Gupta in the case said refuting reports that the girl committed suicide.
Family members of the girl said she died a natural death and that she "did not commit suicide". They said she breathed her last at their house in R K Puram.
Police said they have no information about the death of the girl and did not receive any complaint of suicide.
Meanwhile, Gupta`s counsel has moved an application before the fast-track court trying the case seeking permission to meet his family members.
The counsel requested the court to allow him to meet his family members, including his father and mother, for eight hours on any day it deems fit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?