Six armed men rob petrol pump in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Six unidentified armed persons robbed a petrol pump and nearby shops in Muradnagar area here, police said on Thursday.
The armed men assaulted and held two employees hostage before robbing Rs 20,000 cash from the petrol pump in Muradnagar area last night, a senior police officer said.
The six also looted nearby shops including a medical store, the officer said, adding that a case has been registered based on the complaints lodged by the petrol pump owner Dushyant Tyagi and other shop owners.
Police has formed a team to nab the accused, he said.
Meanwhile in another case, police arrested a history sheeter, wanted for murder and robbery, from Khadkari area today.
Jogender alias Jogesh was arrested from the railway crossing near Khadkari area this morning, a senior police officer said, adding that a country-made pistol, two live cartridges and a stolen motorbike were recovered from him.
Jogender is wanted for the murder of a Noida businessman and had served jail term for another murder in 2002, police said, adding he is also wanted in many vehicle robbery cases.
The Ghaziabad police also claimed to have busted a two-member gang involved in looting mobile phones, ATM cards at knife point.
Asif and Sonu were arrested from Mohan Nagar crossing last night, and the two have confessed to their crime, police said today.
Three mobile phones, three ATM cards, Rs 6,921 cash and two knives were recovered from them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now