Six armed men rob petrol pump in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Six unidentified armed persons robbed a petrol pump and nearby shops in Muradnagar area here, police said on Thursday.
The armed men assaulted and held two employees hostage before robbing Rs 20,000 cash from the petrol pump in Muradnagar area last night, a senior police officer said.
The six also looted nearby shops including a medical store, the officer said, adding that a case has been registered based on the complaints lodged by the petrol pump owner Dushyant Tyagi and other shop owners.
Police has formed a team to nab the accused, he said.
Meanwhile in another case, police arrested a history sheeter, wanted for murder and robbery, from Khadkari area today.
Jogender alias Jogesh was arrested from the railway crossing near Khadkari area this morning, a senior police officer said, adding that a country-made pistol, two live cartridges and a stolen motorbike were recovered from him.
Jogender is wanted for the murder of a Noida businessman and had served jail term for another murder in 2002, police said, adding he is also wanted in many vehicle robbery cases.
The Ghaziabad police also claimed to have busted a two-member gang involved in looting mobile phones, ATM cards at knife point.
Asif and Sonu were arrested from Mohan Nagar crossing last night, and the two have confessed to their crime, police said today.
Three mobile phones, three ATM cards, Rs 6,921 cash and two knives were recovered from them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH