Six flights cancelled, 50 others hit at IGIA
New Delhi: Six flights were cancelled and 50 domestic and international flights affected due to operational reasons at the Indira Gandhi International Airport where operations had been hit for the last four days due to dense fog.
Schedule of around 50 domestic and international flights were affected during the day. Five flights were delayed due to poor weather at the airport, two due to weather at destination and over 25 for operational reasons, while six were cancelled.
The airport witnessed dense fog in the night while it become shallow in the morning, airport officials said.
Dense fog descended on the airport around 1.30 AM, leading to drop in visibility to 75 metres at the third runway and hovered around 150 metres till 3.30 AM. During this period general visibility dropped to below 25 metres.
The visibility at the main runway remained between 150 and 225 metres through the night and in the morning it increased to 1,200 metres, they said.
MeT department has predicted shallow fog from 11.30 PM and visibility to reduce to 500 metres. It may further reduce to 200 metres due to dense fog expected on the third runway from 4.30 AM.
Yesterday, around 140 flights were affected after thick fog enveloped the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India