Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs 11 crore
New Delhi: An international drug racket was busted with the arrest of six foreign nationals in the capital. Heroin worth over Rs 11 crore was recovered from them, an official said on Friday.
"Four Nigerian and two Afghan nationals were arrested from different places on Thursday," Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) director Ashok Juneja told a news agency.
Acting on a tip-off, the NCB officers intercepted an Afghan national in south Delhi and recovered 4.4 kg of high-grade heroin. The drugs were to be supplied to a Nigerian gang.
Through the arrested man, the agency nabbed another Afghan national. "We recovered 5.85 kg of heroin from him," said Juneja.
The arrested men told the agency that the heroin was trafficked through the India-Pakistan border via land and air route. "Passengers are offered money to carry drugs," said Juneja.
A raid was also conducted at the premises of a Nigerian national in west Delhi. Four people were nabbed from there and 400 gm of heroin was seized.
The Nigerians used to smuggle the drugs to Canada, America and some European countries. "The seized heroin is of pure quality without any adulteration," said Juneja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!