Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs 11 crore
New Delhi: An international drug racket was busted with the arrest of six foreign nationals in the capital. Heroin worth over Rs 11 crore was recovered from them, an official said on Friday.
"Four Nigerian and two Afghan nationals were arrested from different places on Thursday," Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) director Ashok Juneja told a news agency.
Acting on a tip-off, the NCB officers intercepted an Afghan national in south Delhi and recovered 4.4 kg of high-grade heroin. The drugs were to be supplied to a Nigerian gang.
Through the arrested man, the agency nabbed another Afghan national. "We recovered 5.85 kg of heroin from him," said Juneja.
The arrested men told the agency that the heroin was trafficked through the India-Pakistan border via land and air route. "Passengers are offered money to carry drugs," said Juneja.
A raid was also conducted at the premises of a Nigerian national in west Delhi. Four people were nabbed from there and 400 gm of heroin was seized.
The Nigerians used to smuggle the drugs to Canada, America and some European countries. "The seized heroin is of pure quality without any adulteration," said Juneja.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress
- Sony swings to $1.4 bn annual profit as PlayStation sales soar
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning