Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs 11 crore
New Delhi: An international drug racket was busted with the arrest of six foreign nationals in the capital. Heroin worth over Rs 11 crore was recovered from them, an official said on Friday.
"Four Nigerian and two Afghan nationals were arrested from different places on Thursday," Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) director Ashok Juneja told a news agency.
Acting on a tip-off, the NCB officers intercepted an Afghan national in south Delhi and recovered 4.4 kg of high-grade heroin. The drugs were to be supplied to a Nigerian gang.
Through the arrested man, the agency nabbed another Afghan national. "We recovered 5.85 kg of heroin from him," said Juneja.
The arrested men told the agency that the heroin was trafficked through the India-Pakistan border via land and air route. "Passengers are offered money to carry drugs," said Juneja.
A raid was also conducted at the premises of a Nigerian national in west Delhi. Four people were nabbed from there and 400 gm of heroin was seized.
The Nigerians used to smuggle the drugs to Canada, America and some European countries. "The seized heroin is of pure quality without any adulteration," said Juneja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen