Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs 11 crore
New Delhi: An international drug racket was busted with the arrest of six foreign nationals in the capital. Heroin worth over Rs 11 crore was recovered from them, an official said on Friday.
"Four Nigerian and two Afghan nationals were arrested from different places on Thursday," Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) director Ashok Juneja told a news agency.
Acting on a tip-off, the NCB officers intercepted an Afghan national in south Delhi and recovered 4.4 kg of high-grade heroin. The drugs were to be supplied to a Nigerian gang.
Through the arrested man, the agency nabbed another Afghan national. "We recovered 5.85 kg of heroin from him," said Juneja.
The arrested men told the agency that the heroin was trafficked through the India-Pakistan border via land and air route. "Passengers are offered money to carry drugs," said Juneja.
A raid was also conducted at the premises of a Nigerian national in west Delhi. Four people were nabbed from there and 400 gm of heroin was seized.
The Nigerians used to smuggle the drugs to Canada, America and some European countries. "The seized heroin is of pure quality without any adulteration," said Juneja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing