Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs 11 crore
New Delhi: An international drug racket was busted with the arrest of six foreign nationals in the capital. Heroin worth over Rs 11 crore was recovered from them, an official said on Friday.
"Four Nigerian and two Afghan nationals were arrested from different places on Thursday," Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) director Ashok Juneja told a news agency.
Acting on a tip-off, the NCB officers intercepted an Afghan national in south Delhi and recovered 4.4 kg of high-grade heroin. The drugs were to be supplied to a Nigerian gang.
Through the arrested man, the agency nabbed another Afghan national. "We recovered 5.85 kg of heroin from him," said Juneja.
The arrested men told the agency that the heroin was trafficked through the India-Pakistan border via land and air route. "Passengers are offered money to carry drugs," said Juneja.
A raid was also conducted at the premises of a Nigerian national in west Delhi. Four people were nabbed from there and 400 gm of heroin was seized.
The Nigerians used to smuggle the drugs to Canada, America and some European countries. "The seized heroin is of pure quality without any adulteration," said Juneja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune