Six held for posing as CBI men for extortion
New Delhi: Six people, posing as Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officers, who tried to extort Rs.2 lakh from a businessman here were arrested, police said Wednesday.
Sudhansu Sukla, Sounda Rajan, Charan Singh, Deshraj, Dharmender Singh and Dipesh Kumar were arrested in north Delhi`s Fatehpuri Tuesday, police said.
"Two toy wireless sets, four fake identity cards of the CBI, three cars, seven stamps of the CBI, one fake driving licence and visiting cards of the CBI in the name of main accused Sudhanshu Shukla were recovered," said Sindhu Pillai, deputy commissioner of police.
Four of the six accused were caught by on-lookers when the shop owner whom they targeted raised an alarm. The other two were arrested after their interrogation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway