Six held for posing as CBI men for extortion
New Delhi: Six people, posing as Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officers, who tried to extort Rs.2 lakh from a businessman here were arrested, police said Wednesday.
Sudhansu Sukla, Sounda Rajan, Charan Singh, Deshraj, Dharmender Singh and Dipesh Kumar were arrested in north Delhi`s Fatehpuri Tuesday, police said.
"Two toy wireless sets, four fake identity cards of the CBI, three cars, seven stamps of the CBI, one fake driving licence and visiting cards of the CBI in the name of main accused Sudhanshu Shukla were recovered," said Sindhu Pillai, deputy commissioner of police.
Four of the six accused were caught by on-lookers when the shop owner whom they targeted raised an alarm. The other two were arrested after their interrogation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state