Six held for posing as CBI men for extortion
New Delhi: Six people, posing as Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officers, who tried to extort Rs.2 lakh from a businessman here were arrested, police said Wednesday.
Sudhansu Sukla, Sounda Rajan, Charan Singh, Deshraj, Dharmender Singh and Dipesh Kumar were arrested in north Delhi`s Fatehpuri Tuesday, police said.
"Two toy wireless sets, four fake identity cards of the CBI, three cars, seven stamps of the CBI, one fake driving licence and visiting cards of the CBI in the name of main accused Sudhanshu Shukla were recovered," said Sindhu Pillai, deputy commissioner of police.
Four of the six accused were caught by on-lookers when the shop owner whom they targeted raised an alarm. The other two were arrested after their interrogation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control