Six held for posing as CBI men for extortion
New Delhi: Six people, posing as Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officers, who tried to extort Rs.2 lakh from a businessman here were arrested, police said Wednesday.
Sudhansu Sukla, Sounda Rajan, Charan Singh, Deshraj, Dharmender Singh and Dipesh Kumar were arrested in north Delhi`s Fatehpuri Tuesday, police said.
"Two toy wireless sets, four fake identity cards of the CBI, three cars, seven stamps of the CBI, one fake driving licence and visiting cards of the CBI in the name of main accused Sudhanshu Shukla were recovered," said Sindhu Pillai, deputy commissioner of police.
Four of the six accused were caught by on-lookers when the shop owner whom they targeted raised an alarm. The other two were arrested after their interrogation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict