Six held in Delhi for 50 cases of stealing CNG kits
New Delhi: Six members of a gang have
been arrested for allegedly stealing CNG kits and cylinders,
police said here today.
Santosh (28), Rajesh (26), Chaman Ali (26), Rinku
(20), Dalip (22), Rajeev (22) were apprehended near Peetampura
Police claimed the gang had committed 50-60 such
thefts in the areas of Pitampura, Rani Bagh, Ashok Vihar,
Saraswati Vihar, Shalimar Bagh, Alipur and Inderpuri.
The stolen CNG kits and cylinders were sold to Sanjay
(36) who runs a shop at Kashmiri Gate. A raid was conducted
and 12 stolen CNG kits and 12 cylinders were recovered from
The gang used to sell the stolen kits for Rs 12,000 to
Fourteen CNG cylinders and 13 CNG kits were recovered
among other things.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city