Six kids hospitalised after taking iron supplements in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Six school children were on Thursday hospitalised after taking iron supplements under Chacha Nehru Sehat Yojna (CNSY) in Bharat Nagar area here.
The CNSY was announced by the Delhi government on 22nd March, 2011 in Budget Session 2011-2012.
The objective of CNSY is ascertaining health Status of children studying in govt schools i.e. screening for diseases, counselling, providing treatment and referral (whenever required), increasing health awareness, creating database for facilitating continuum of health care and synergising with the relevant programme of education and health department.
The incident comes to light after 23 deaths were reported from Bihar. The children died after eating contaminated meal on Tuesday at their school in Bihar`s Saran district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!