Six kids hospitalised after taking iron supplements in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Six school children were on Thursday hospitalised after taking iron supplements under Chacha Nehru Sehat Yojna (CNSY) in Bharat Nagar area here.
The CNSY was announced by the Delhi government on 22nd March, 2011 in Budget Session 2011-2012.
The objective of CNSY is ascertaining health Status of children studying in govt schools i.e. screening for diseases, counselling, providing treatment and referral (whenever required), increasing health awareness, creating database for facilitating continuum of health care and synergising with the relevant programme of education and health department.
The incident comes to light after 23 deaths were reported from Bihar. The children died after eating contaminated meal on Tuesday at their school in Bihar`s Saran district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof