Six men gang-rape Nepali girl in Delhi`s Mehrauli area
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: At a time when the national capital is struggling hard to get rid of the `rape capital` tag, yet another incident of sexual assault on a 19-year-old girl has come to the fore.
Reports on Tuesday claimed that a Nepali girl, hailing from Kathmandu, was gang-raped by six people in Mehrauli area in south Delhi recently.
The shameful incident happened when the girl was taken by one of the accused to Mehrauli on pretext of providing her a job.
However, when she reached the place, five more men were already waiting at the house in south Delhi. They were said to be in an inebriated state.
The girl told Delhi Police that all the six were drunk and sexually assaulted her. They even forced her to drink alcohol.
Medical examination has conformed that the girl was forced to consume liquor and gang-raped.
Crime in Delhi saw an upward trend when it comes to incidents like rape, murder and abduction with over 1,600 rape cases reported in 2013, more than double the previous year.
According to a report of National Crime Records Bureau, 1,636 cases of rape were registered in the national capital last year, while 706 cases of rape in 2012.
Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi had recently said that "truthful" recording of cases of crime against women has caused a 500 percent rise in such cases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India