Six men gang-rape Nepali girl in Delhi`s Mehrauli area
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: At a time when the national capital is struggling hard to get rid of the `rape capital` tag, yet another incident of sexual assault on a 19-year-old girl has come to the fore.
Reports on Tuesday claimed that a Nepali girl, hailing from Kathmandu, was gang-raped by six people in Mehrauli area in south Delhi recently.
The shameful incident happened when the girl was taken by one of the accused to Mehrauli on pretext of providing her a job.
However, when she reached the place, five more men were already waiting at the house in south Delhi. They were said to be in an inebriated state.
The girl told Delhi Police that all the six were drunk and sexually assaulted her. They even forced her to drink alcohol.
Medical examination has conformed that the girl was forced to consume liquor and gang-raped.
Crime in Delhi saw an upward trend when it comes to incidents like rape, murder and abduction with over 1,600 rape cases reported in 2013, more than double the previous year.
According to a report of National Crime Records Bureau, 1,636 cases of rape were registered in the national capital last year, while 706 cases of rape in 2012.
Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi had recently said that "truthful" recording of cases of crime against women has caused a 500 percent rise in such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof