Six men gang-rape Nepali girl in Delhi`s Mehrauli area
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: At a time when the national capital is struggling hard to get rid of the `rape capital` tag, yet another incident of sexual assault on a 19-year-old girl has come to the fore.
Reports on Tuesday claimed that a Nepali girl, hailing from Kathmandu, was gang-raped by six people in Mehrauli area in south Delhi recently.
The shameful incident happened when the girl was taken by one of the accused to Mehrauli on pretext of providing her a job.
However, when she reached the place, five more men were already waiting at the house in south Delhi. They were said to be in an inebriated state.
The girl told Delhi Police that all the six were drunk and sexually assaulted her. They even forced her to drink alcohol.
Medical examination has conformed that the girl was forced to consume liquor and gang-raped.
Crime in Delhi saw an upward trend when it comes to incidents like rape, murder and abduction with over 1,600 rape cases reported in 2013, more than double the previous year.
According to a report of National Crime Records Bureau, 1,636 cases of rape were registered in the national capital last year, while 706 cases of rape in 2012.
Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi had recently said that "truthful" recording of cases of crime against women has caused a 500 percent rise in such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray