Six of family charred to death in house fire in Delhi
New Delhi: Six members of a family including four minors were charred to death when a major fire broke out inside their house under mysterious circumstances.
The incident took place last night in Zakir Nagar area under the jurisdiction of Jamia Nagar police station of south-east Delhi, police said today.
According to the fire department, following a call of fire at around 1.30 AM today, two fire tenders were sent to the spot which took almost 30 minutes to douse the fire.
The house where the fire broke out belonged to one Firoz (35), who lived there along with his wife Yasmin (32) and four children, Afroz (12), Afreen (11), the only daughter, Asif (7) and Aamir (4).
Amid the flames, the trapped family members were taken out of the house and rushed to the Safdarjung hospital where Yasmin and Afreed, the mother-daughter duo, were declared brought dead while Firoz, Afroz, Asif and Aamir succumbed during treatment. Aamir died late in the evening today.
As the police probe the matter to zero in on the exact cause of the fire, they have been confronted by several unanswered questions. Neighbours claim to have heard no scream or distress call from the house initially and rushed to save them only after seeing the smoke and flames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say