Six of family charred to death in house fire in Delhi
New Delhi: Six members of a family including four minors were charred to death when a major fire broke out inside their house under mysterious circumstances.
The incident took place last night in Zakir Nagar area under the jurisdiction of Jamia Nagar police station of south-east Delhi, police said today.
According to the fire department, following a call of fire at around 1.30 AM today, two fire tenders were sent to the spot which took almost 30 minutes to douse the fire.
The house where the fire broke out belonged to one Firoz (35), who lived there along with his wife Yasmin (32) and four children, Afroz (12), Afreen (11), the only daughter, Asif (7) and Aamir (4).
Amid the flames, the trapped family members were taken out of the house and rushed to the Safdarjung hospital where Yasmin and Afreed, the mother-daughter duo, were declared brought dead while Firoz, Afroz, Asif and Aamir succumbed during treatment. Aamir died late in the evening today.
As the police probe the matter to zero in on the exact cause of the fire, they have been confronted by several unanswered questions. Neighbours claim to have heard no scream or distress call from the house initially and rushed to save them only after seeing the smoke and flames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured