Six of family hurt in gas leak fire in Delhi, 3 critical
New Delhi: Six people of a family sustained serious burn injuries Monday when a fire broke out in their east Delhi house due to a gas leak, fire department officials said.
Arvind Verma, 45, his wife Shobha, 40 and their four children were inside their Shastri Park house when the fire caused by a gas leak from the LPG gas cylinder in the kitchen broke out.
Three of them - Arvind, Shobha and their youngest daughter - are in a critical condition.
"We received a call at 6.15 a.m. Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot. Six family members were taken out of the fire with grievous injuries. We rushed them to the nearby hospital. Three of them are in critical condition," a fire department official told.
Verma and his wife were the worst affected with 90 percent and 80 percent burns respectively.
"The youngest daughter identified as Kanchan is also in a critical condition with 60 percent burns. The other victims are in a stable condition but the parents are in a very bad state," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH