This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Six of family hurt in gas leak fire in Delhi, 3 critical

Last Updated: Monday, March 15, 2010 - 11:33

New Delhi: Six people of a family sustained serious burn injuries Monday when a fire broke out in their east Delhi house due to a gas leak, fire department officials said.

Arvind Verma, 45, his wife Shobha, 40 and their four children were inside their Shastri Park house when the fire caused by a gas leak from the LPG gas cylinder in the kitchen broke out.

Three of them - Arvind, Shobha and their youngest daughter - are in a critical condition.

"We received a call at 6.15 a.m. Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot. Six family members were taken out of the fire with grievous injuries. We rushed them to the nearby hospital. Three of them are in critical condition," a fire department official told.

Verma and his wife were the worst affected with 90 percent and 80 percent burns respectively.
"The youngest daughter identified as Kanchan is also in a critical condition with 60 percent burns. The other victims are in a stable condition but the parents are in a very bad state," the official added.


First Published: Monday, March 15, 2010 - 11:33
comments powered by Disqus