Six-year-old found injured in Delhi, rape suspected
New Delhi: Another brutalization of a minor was reported here Friday evening when a six-year-old girl was found unconscious near a public toilet, police said. Injury marks were found on her and rape is suspected.
A passer-by in south Delhi`s Badarpur area spotted the girl lying unconscious and informed the police, whotook her to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). Doctors said her condition was critical.
According to the victim`s uncle, the girl - a resident of Badarpur - had gone to relieve herself when she was assaulted.
"A deep injury by a sharp edged weapon was found on her neck. She was naked," the victim`s 30-year-old uncle said.
Police said 22 people have been rounded up for questioning and the public toilet`s contractor has been detained.
The victim`s father is a balloon-seller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon