Six-year-old found injured in Delhi, rape suspected
New Delhi: Another brutalization of a minor was reported here Friday evening when a six-year-old girl was found unconscious near a public toilet, police said. Injury marks were found on her and rape is suspected.
A passer-by in south Delhi`s Badarpur area spotted the girl lying unconscious and informed the police, whotook her to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). Doctors said her condition was critical.
According to the victim`s uncle, the girl - a resident of Badarpur - had gone to relieve herself when she was assaulted.
"A deep injury by a sharp edged weapon was found on her neck. She was naked," the victim`s 30-year-old uncle said.
Police said 22 people have been rounded up for questioning and the public toilet`s contractor has been detained.
The victim`s father is a balloon-seller.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way