Six-year-old found injured in Delhi, rape suspected
New Delhi: Another brutalization of a minor was reported here Friday evening when a six-year-old girl was found unconscious near a public toilet, police said. Injury marks were found on her and rape is suspected.
A passer-by in south Delhi`s Badarpur area spotted the girl lying unconscious and informed the police, whotook her to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). Doctors said her condition was critical.
According to the victim`s uncle, the girl - a resident of Badarpur - had gone to relieve herself when she was assaulted.
"A deep injury by a sharp edged weapon was found on her neck. She was naked," the victim`s 30-year-old uncle said.
Police said 22 people have been rounded up for questioning and the public toilet`s contractor has been detained.
The victim`s father is a balloon-seller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!