Six-yr-old lured with food, raped: Handicapped man gets 10yr jail
New Delhi: A 50-year-old handicapped man has been sentenced to ten years in jail by a Delhi court for repeatedly raping a six-year-old footpath dweller by luring her with food.
Observing that "it was because of her poverty and lack of resources and shelter that the minor was exploited by the convict," the court recommended the case to District Legal Services Authority for suitable compensation to the victim and her rehabilitation.
Additional Sessions Judge Savita Rao awarded ten year jail term to old Delhi resident Sushil alias Langra, for raping and committing unnatural offences with the victim, who told the court that the convict had an evil eye on her younger sister too.
The court noted that "even the convict`s physical impediment did not deter his evil intentions."
The court also appreciated the complainant child rights advocate Swati who took the matter to the police.
"The initiative of the activist to lodge the complaint is rather appreciable and laudable, otherwise the victim would have continued to suffer in the hands of the accused. Had she not lent her sympathetic ears to the innocent children, they would have continued to suffer in the evil hands," the court said.
The prosecution case was that on August 29, 2011 the complainant associated with NGO Butterflies along with the minor girl lodged a complaint with the police that Langra had been raping and sodomising her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list