Six-yr-old lured with food, raped: Handicapped man gets 10yr jail
New Delhi: A 50-year-old handicapped man has been sentenced to ten years in jail by a Delhi court for repeatedly raping a six-year-old footpath dweller by luring her with food.
Observing that "it was because of her poverty and lack of resources and shelter that the minor was exploited by the convict," the court recommended the case to District Legal Services Authority for suitable compensation to the victim and her rehabilitation.
Additional Sessions Judge Savita Rao awarded ten year jail term to old Delhi resident Sushil alias Langra, for raping and committing unnatural offences with the victim, who told the court that the convict had an evil eye on her younger sister too.
The court noted that "even the convict`s physical impediment did not deter his evil intentions."
The court also appreciated the complainant child rights advocate Swati who took the matter to the police.
"The initiative of the activist to lodge the complaint is rather appreciable and laudable, otherwise the victim would have continued to suffer in the hands of the accused. Had she not lent her sympathetic ears to the innocent children, they would have continued to suffer in the evil hands," the court said.
The prosecution case was that on August 29, 2011 the complainant associated with NGO Butterflies along with the minor girl lodged a complaint with the police that Langra had been raping and sodomising her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown