Six-yr-old lured with food, raped: Handicapped man gets 10yr jail
New Delhi: A 50-year-old handicapped man has been sentenced to ten years in jail by a Delhi court for repeatedly raping a six-year-old footpath dweller by luring her with food.
Observing that "it was because of her poverty and lack of resources and shelter that the minor was exploited by the convict," the court recommended the case to District Legal Services Authority for suitable compensation to the victim and her rehabilitation.
Additional Sessions Judge Savita Rao awarded ten year jail term to old Delhi resident Sushil alias Langra, for raping and committing unnatural offences with the victim, who told the court that the convict had an evil eye on her younger sister too.
The court noted that "even the convict`s physical impediment did not deter his evil intentions."
The court also appreciated the complainant child rights advocate Swati who took the matter to the police.
"The initiative of the activist to lodge the complaint is rather appreciable and laudable, otherwise the victim would have continued to suffer in the hands of the accused. Had she not lent her sympathetic ears to the innocent children, they would have continued to suffer in the evil hands," the court said.
The prosecution case was that on August 29, 2011 the complainant associated with NGO Butterflies along with the minor girl lodged a complaint with the police that Langra had been raping and sodomising her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday