Sixth swine flu death in the capital
New Delhi: Delhi on Friday reported its sixth
swine flu death when a 38-year-old woman undergoing treatment
at the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital here, succumbed to the viral
"The patient who passed away this morning had tested
positive for swine flu virus," N K Chaturvedi, medical
superintendent, RML hospital said adding, "This is the sixth
case of death due to swine flu in Delhi."
Raj Bala, the deceased, a resident of Faridabad was
admitted to the hospital on September 5. According to the
doctors, she was diabetic and hypertensive and had a past
history of bronchial asthma.
"Her condition had deteriorated by the time she was
brought to the hospital. She was suffering for five long days
and had not seen any doctor or visited any hospital,"
Chaturvedi said adding, "She died because of pulmonary edema
as she had developed artificial respiratory distress
The city had reported its fifth swine flu death yesterday
when a 12-year-old girl, Gauri, a resident of Dwarka died at
the same hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand