Slapping episode: Petition seeks dismissal of Delhi cop
New Delhi: The brother of the 17-year-old girl, who was slapped by an Assistant Commissioner of Delhi Police while protesting here against the rape of a minor on Friday submitted a petition to the Home Ministry seeking dismissal of the suspended officer.
Narendra Rawat, brother of the teenage girl, and Kapil Mishra, who started an online petition for the dismissal of the ACP, claimed that their petition has secured signatures of 31,000 people.
"I had started this online petition as an outraged citizen and a father of a one-and-a-half-year-old girl. So far, it has been signed by more than 31,000 people. We had come to meet the Home Minister to submit the petition to him but nobody met us.
"We were told to submit our documents and collect a receipt of the same. It is sad that nobody bothered to meet us and give a patient hearing," Mishra told reporters.
Rawat said his sister was unable to submit the petition as she had to appear for an examination.
"She not only wants justice for herself, but also wants all the cops who mishandled the five-year-old girl`s rape be sacked," Rawat said.
On April 19, ACP BS Ahlawat had slapped the girl at least four times inside the Swami Dayanand Hospital hospital when she and others were on protest against the brutal rape of the minor girl in east Delhi.
The Delhi Police had suspended Ahlawat on the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list