SM Krishna welcomes Judicial probe
Mandya: External Affairs Minister S M Krishna
today welcomed a judicial probe ordered by the Karnataka
government into the denotification and allotment of lands by
Bangalore Development Authority and Karnataka Industrial Area
"Let the probe bring out the truth. During my regime
as Chief Minister, I denotified lands in public interest,"
Krishna, here on a private visit, told reporters.
Krishna, who was Chief Minister between 1999-2004, has
already clarified that he denotified lands acquired by BDA and
KIADB for public purpose, including for development projects
and not to favour any individuals.
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, who is facing allegations
of nepotism and favouritism in denotification and allotment of
land, has ordered a judicial probe into the issue from 1995 to
till date to cover the period of his predecessors also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt