Snack bars for Airport Metro commuters
New Delhi: High-speed Airport Metro Express commuters can now enjoy hot coffee and crispy snacks at the New Delhi Station with Cafe Coffee Day and KFC opening their outlets.
The outlets, which are at the ground floor and concourse levels of the New Delhi Station, will allow non-passengers also to sip a cup of coffee and have snacks. Global food chain KFC will open another outlet at the same station very soon.
The outlets have come up nearly a year after operations started on the high-speed link which connects Connaught Place with the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
"These outlets will be beneficial for the transit railway passengers and people who want to have a quick bite before they catch their trains. Commuters who are doing early check-in can also pass time at the retail space and enjoy food at the elaborate food court," a Reliance Infrastructure spokesperson said.
"Reliance Metro Airport Line is going to provide its commuters a profound shopping and dining experience. We are glad to announce that KFC and CCD outlets are already open at the New Delhi station of the Airport line. Even the non commuters can come and enjoy the food here, as the outlet is in the non-ticketing area of the station," the spokesperson said.
Reliance Infrastructure, concessionaire of the Airport Metro line is soon coming up with big retail brands at two of its stations where commuters will have a complete shopping and dining experience.
The New Delhi station will also have a mini Dilli haat and also provide preview of mini Delhi and a total of around 120 outlets will be set up at New Delhi and Shivaji Stadium stations, the spokesperson said, adding that the stations also have ATM counters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing