Snag hits Delhi Metro`s Noida-Dwarka service
New Delhi: Hundreds of Delhi Metro commuters were affected Monday morning as the train services on the Noida to Dwarka line were running around half-an-hour behind schedule due to a technical snag.
According to commuters, trains on the Noida City Centre to Dwarka Sector 21 line were not only delayed, but were also running slow.
"Generally, it takes 40 minutes to reach Rajiv Chowk. Today, it took me an hour. Moreover, the coaches were so crowded that it was suffocating," said Ved Prakash, a regular commuter.
However, a Delhi Metro official told IANS: "There was delay in Noida-Dwarka line for over 10 minutes, because of which the other trains had to slow down. There was some technical problem, which was resolved in 10 minutes."
The Noida City Centre-Dwarka Sector 21 is one of the longest Metro routes, carrying thousands of passengers everyday.
The Delhi Metro runs around 2,000 train trips and ferries 16 lakh passengers every day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'