Snag hits Delhi Metro`s Noida-Dwarka service
New Delhi: Hundreds of Delhi Metro commuters were affected Monday morning as the train services on the Noida to Dwarka line were running around half-an-hour behind schedule due to a technical snag.
According to commuters, trains on the Noida City Centre to Dwarka Sector 21 line were not only delayed, but were also running slow.
"Generally, it takes 40 minutes to reach Rajiv Chowk. Today, it took me an hour. Moreover, the coaches were so crowded that it was suffocating," said Ved Prakash, a regular commuter.
However, a Delhi Metro official told IANS: "There was delay in Noida-Dwarka line for over 10 minutes, because of which the other trains had to slow down. There was some technical problem, which was resolved in 10 minutes."
The Noida City Centre-Dwarka Sector 21 is one of the longest Metro routes, carrying thousands of passengers everyday.
The Delhi Metro runs around 2,000 train trips and ferries 16 lakh passengers every day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video