Snag hits Delhi Metro`s Noida-Dwarka service
New Delhi: Hundreds of Delhi Metro commuters were affected Monday morning as the train services on the Noida to Dwarka line were running around half-an-hour behind schedule due to a technical snag.
According to commuters, trains on the Noida City Centre to Dwarka Sector 21 line were not only delayed, but were also running slow.
"Generally, it takes 40 minutes to reach Rajiv Chowk. Today, it took me an hour. Moreover, the coaches were so crowded that it was suffocating," said Ved Prakash, a regular commuter.
However, a Delhi Metro official told IANS: "There was delay in Noida-Dwarka line for over 10 minutes, because of which the other trains had to slow down. There was some technical problem, which was resolved in 10 minutes."
The Noida City Centre-Dwarka Sector 21 is one of the longest Metro routes, carrying thousands of passengers everyday.
The Delhi Metro runs around 2,000 train trips and ferries 16 lakh passengers every day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!