Socio-economic census launched in Delhi
New Delhi: The socio-economic and caste
census exercise was on Wednesday launched in the national capital
with the enumeration of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
She replied to various queries of the Divisional
Commissioner, who along with other senior officers and an
enumerator, was present at the occasion to complete the
Dikshit provided the complete information about herself,
and the entries were recorded on a tablet and later shown to
her for verification.
The first nationwide socio-economic and caste census
exercise in independent India will be conducted between
January 15 and February 29 in Delhi, with 10,000 enumerators
surveying every home and individual, including the homeless,
asking questions related to their socio-economic status.
To speed up the gathering of data in a city with an
estimated population 1.7 crore, the enumerators have been
given tablet computers so that details of those already
covered under Census 2011 can be updated, and there is no
duplication of data or repetition.
"The enumerators will have a tablet personal computer
with a pre-loaded survey form and the data collected would be
daily complied at 182 designated charge centres located in the
government schools buildings in various parts of Delhi," a
senior Delhi government official said.
The Socio-economic and caste census is being conducted in
Delhi by the Revenue department with technical and financial
support of Ministry of Rural Development and Ministry of
Housing and Poverty Alleviation of the Government of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?