Somnath Bharti does not know how to speak: AAP leader Ashutosh
New Delhi: Admitting that there was a "serious problem" with Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti`s attitude, AAP leader Ashutosh on Thursday defended him, saying he has been told about it, and maintained that it would be wrong to call him racist.
"There is a serious problem with Somanth Bharti`s attitude. He does not know how to speak. He has been told so. There has been a discussion about it in the party. But it is wrong to say he is racist," Ashutosh said.
"When Bharti used wrong language, we apologised for that publicly," he said, adding, "Bharti issue is being probed by LG."
Ashutosh said that if Bharti is found guilty in the probe, there are doubts that he would be allowed to stay in the party. He, however, maintained that there was no case registered against him and AAP was not running away or against any probe.
The AAP leader said that the drug cartel was trying to influence the case involving Ugandan women and said that they even tried to give it a "racial colour".
He also said that not a single person in AAP would be spared if found guilty.
"No case has been registered against them. But if an iota of evidence is found, the person may not even stay in the party, let alone stay in the government," he said.
Ashutosh was responding to questions during Panchayat Aajtak conclave, which was also attended by Union Minister Rajiv Shukla and BJP MP Syed Shahnawaz Hussain.
When asked about foriegn funding, Ashutosh said that if
there is one sign of illegal foreign funding, the party will shut down.
"The allegations of foreign funding did not start today. It started in 2011. The matter went to the courts. There was no truth found in the matter. It was again brought back to the courts in a motivated manner and news were planted saying AAP does not want its books to come in front of the public. If there is one sign of illegal foreign funding, the party will be shut down," he said.
Attacking both BJP and Congress on corruption, Ashutosh said that both parties have leaders who are corrupt. He said that only AAP government is questioned on fulfilling its promises and not the new governments in Rajasthan, MP, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA