Son and his wife to vacate mom`s house: Delhi court
New Delhi: A man and his wife have been asked by a Delhi court to vacate the house owned by his mother on her plea that the couple used to "mentally torture" her.
The court also asked the Delhi-based couple to pay Rs 2,500 per month to the woman in her mid sixties as damages, beginning December last year, from the date of filing of the petition till they vacate the house.
Civil Judge Kapil Kumar asked West Delhi residents Sonu and his wife Geeta to vacate the house of his mother Kamla Devi within a month.
"I found no reason to disbelieve the unchallenged and unrebutted testimony of plaintiff (mother)...Photographs filed on record reveal that the plaintiff is in possession of the suit property.
"In view of the same, the plaintiff is entitled to relief as claimed by her. In view of the same, the plaintiff`s suit is decreed against defendants (son and his wife). They are directed to hand over the vacant and peaceful possession of the one room occupied by them on second floor in the suit property here within one month of this order," the court said.
In her petition, Kamla Devi had said she had built the house in Madipur with her own money and had allowed her son and daughter-in-law to live with her due to love for them.
She alleged the couple began causing "immense mental torture and pain" to her with their conduct.
"They had taken away the right to plaintiff (mother) to lead the life with dignity and honour," the petition said, adding they were harassing her to sell the property and were also conspiring to dispossess her from the house.
She also alleged that on August 25 last year, the couple had forcibly entered her room and asked her to hand over the original documents of the house to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues