Son and his wife to vacate mom`s house: Delhi court
New Delhi: A man and his wife have been asked by a Delhi court to vacate the house owned by his mother on her plea that the couple used to "mentally torture" her.
The court also asked the Delhi-based couple to pay Rs 2,500 per month to the woman in her mid sixties as damages, beginning December last year, from the date of filing of the petition till they vacate the house.
Civil Judge Kapil Kumar asked West Delhi residents Sonu and his wife Geeta to vacate the house of his mother Kamla Devi within a month.
"I found no reason to disbelieve the unchallenged and unrebutted testimony of plaintiff (mother)...Photographs filed on record reveal that the plaintiff is in possession of the suit property.
"In view of the same, the plaintiff is entitled to relief as claimed by her. In view of the same, the plaintiff`s suit is decreed against defendants (son and his wife). They are directed to hand over the vacant and peaceful possession of the one room occupied by them on second floor in the suit property here within one month of this order," the court said.
In her petition, Kamla Devi had said she had built the house in Madipur with her own money and had allowed her son and daughter-in-law to live with her due to love for them.
She alleged the couple began causing "immense mental torture and pain" to her with their conduct.
"They had taken away the right to plaintiff (mother) to lead the life with dignity and honour," the petition said, adding they were harassing her to sell the property and were also conspiring to dispossess her from the house.
She also alleged that on August 25 last year, the couple had forcibly entered her room and asked her to hand over the original documents of the house to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened