Sonia Gandhi at home - and `doing fine`
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi is "doing fine" and resting at home, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said Tuesday, hours after she was discharged from hospital.
"She is doing fine and is resting," Azad told IANS.
Gandhi, 66, was admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Monday night after she complained of uneasiness in the Lok Sabha when it was debating the food security bill.
Azad told reporters then that Gandhi was suffering from "common cold and headache" and had taken some medicines that did not suit her.
Another Congress leader who did not wish to be identified by name, however, said that Gandhi had complained of chest pain -- shortly before the Lok Sabha took for voting numerous amendments to the bill.
Accompanied by central minister Kumari Selja and her son and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, Gandhi was rushed to AIIMS Monday night.
According to Azad, doctors found "nothing abnormal" with her condition and declared that all her health parameters were "perfect".
Nevertheless, the doctors decided to keep her under observation and discharged her around 1.30 a.m. Tuesday.
After Gandhi was taken to AIIMS, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and numerous Congress leaders including Delhi`s Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit called on her at the hospital.
"There is nothing to worry, some medicine did not suit her," Congress leader Janardan Dwivedi told crowds gathered at the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda