Sonia Gandhi meets KBC winner Sushil Kumar
New Delhi: Sushil Kumar, a teacher from
Bihar`s Motihari District who won Rs five crore in the popular
TV game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, on Tuesday met Congress
President Sonia Gandhi who congratulated him on his feat.
Kumar, who has been declared as the ambassador of the
country`s flagship social sector scheme -- Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) -- met
Gandhi this evening, sources said.
The Congress President also wished him success.
Yesterday, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had
declared Kumar as the ambassador of the country`s rural
Sushil Kumar, a computer operator and tutor by
profession, had won the prize last month in the game show
hosted by veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India’s NSG dream hits the Great Wall of China
- Vyapam scam: Two days after bail, accused mining baron Sudhir Sharma walks out of jail
- University of Mumbai TYBCom Result 2016 (mu.ac.in) not declared yet
- Path forward for India to become NSG member by year-end: US
- NEET-II to be held on July 24: CBSE