Sonia Gandhi meets KBC winner Sushil Kumar
New Delhi: Sushil Kumar, a teacher from
Bihar`s Motihari District who won Rs five crore in the popular
TV game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, on Tuesday met Congress
President Sonia Gandhi who congratulated him on his feat.
Kumar, who has been declared as the ambassador of the
country`s flagship social sector scheme -- Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) -- met
Gandhi this evening, sources said.
The Congress President also wished him success.
Yesterday, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had
declared Kumar as the ambassador of the country`s rural
Sushil Kumar, a computer operator and tutor by
profession, had won the prize last month in the game show
hosted by veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`