Sonia Gandhi meets KBC winner Sushil Kumar
New Delhi: Sushil Kumar, a teacher from
Bihar`s Motihari District who won Rs five crore in the popular
TV game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, on Tuesday met Congress
President Sonia Gandhi who congratulated him on his feat.
Kumar, who has been declared as the ambassador of the
country`s flagship social sector scheme -- Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) -- met
Gandhi this evening, sources said.
The Congress President also wished him success.
Yesterday, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had
declared Kumar as the ambassador of the country`s rural
Sushil Kumar, a computer operator and tutor by
profession, had won the prize last month in the game show
hosted by veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Wow! UP govt to set up theme park on K Asif's magnum opus ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ in Etawah
- India 'A' leads table with 11 points despite match with South Africa 'A' being abandoned due to rain
- Sakshi Malik's felicitation ceremony: Fans disappointed, as Netas hog limelight, wrestler doesn't get to speak
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States