Sonia Gandhi meets KBC winner Sushil Kumar
New Delhi: Sushil Kumar, a teacher from
Bihar`s Motihari District who won Rs five crore in the popular
TV game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, on Tuesday met Congress
President Sonia Gandhi who congratulated him on his feat.
Kumar, who has been declared as the ambassador of the
country`s flagship social sector scheme -- Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) -- met
Gandhi this evening, sources said.
The Congress President also wished him success.
Yesterday, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had
declared Kumar as the ambassador of the country`s rural
Sushil Kumar, a computer operator and tutor by
profession, had won the prize last month in the game show
hosted by veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him