Sonia Gandhi meets KBC winner Sushil Kumar
New Delhi: Sushil Kumar, a teacher from
Bihar`s Motihari District who won Rs five crore in the popular
TV game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, on Tuesday met Congress
President Sonia Gandhi who congratulated him on his feat.
Kumar, who has been declared as the ambassador of the
country`s flagship social sector scheme -- Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) -- met
Gandhi this evening, sources said.
The Congress President also wished him success.
Yesterday, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had
declared Kumar as the ambassador of the country`s rural
Sushil Kumar, a computer operator and tutor by
profession, had won the prize last month in the game show
hosted by veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'