South Africa, Kerala emerge winners at IITF
New Delhi: South Africa, Kerala and
Chandigarh bagged the top prizes for the best display of
indigenous products on the final day of the India
International Trade Fair (IITF).
In the foreign category, South Africa won the gold medal
among 26 participating countries that included Pakistan,
Afghanistan, Hong Kong and Thailand.
Kerala won the gold medal in the states category, while
Madhya Pradesh bagged the silver. Chandigarh emerged winner in
the Union Territories category, while Nagaland won the same in
the Northeast category.
A total of 23 states and union territories participated
in the 31st edition of the 14-day IITF at Pragati Maidan.
"I think it has been a great show. Over 6,000 exhibitors
participated in the huge event, which saw more than 100,000
visitors each day," Commerce Secretary Rahul Khullar said at
the award ceremony.
"We didn`t get any orders, but the customers of India
liked our products. We had an average of 50,000 people
visiting our pavilion each day, and 45 of our exhibits were
sold out in the first week," South African embassy official
Jardine Almar, who collected the award on behalf of the South
African pavilion, said.
The Joint Venture Pavilion of Ministry of Textiles and
Commissioner of Handicrafts won the Gold in the Ministries
Department, while the Income Tax Department won silver.
In the PSU category, EPCS, Commodity Boards and Bank
category, National Mission on Bamboo Application won the gold
medal, while Punjab National Bank won the silver and Coir
Board won the bronze.
Nivea India Pvt Ltd won the gold medal in the private
sector and Westinghouse won the silver. Mementos were also
given to the partner states Jharkhand and West Bengal and
focus states Bihar and Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?