South Delhi areas to face power cuts for two weeks
New Delhi: Several areas in South Delhi
will face power cuts for next two weeks beginning tomorrow due
to a planned shut down of a major transmission line.
A power department official said the 220-KV
Badarpur-Okhla line will be closed down to carry out
construction activities at the under-construction Metro depot
at Sarita Vihar.
"The 220-KV line will be shut down tomorrow and it
will be functional on May 18. All the areas in South Delhi,
including Grater Kailas, East of Kailas, Vasant Kunj, Munirka,
JNU, Okhla, Nehru Place and Tuglakabad will face power cuts
due to the shut down," the official said.
However, alternative arrangements are being made to
supply power in this locality through other lines. The height
of the 220-KV line will be further elevated for easy
functioning of the depot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!