South Delhi areas to face power cuts for two weeks
New Delhi: Several areas in South Delhi
will face power cuts for next two weeks beginning tomorrow due
to a planned shut down of a major transmission line.
A power department official said the 220-KV
Badarpur-Okhla line will be closed down to carry out
construction activities at the under-construction Metro depot
at Sarita Vihar.
"The 220-KV line will be shut down tomorrow and it
will be functional on May 18. All the areas in South Delhi,
including Grater Kailas, East of Kailas, Vasant Kunj, Munirka,
JNU, Okhla, Nehru Place and Tuglakabad will face power cuts
due to the shut down," the official said.
However, alternative arrangements are being made to
supply power in this locality through other lines. The height
of the 220-KV line will be further elevated for easy
functioning of the depot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists