South Delhi areas to face power cuts for two weeks
New Delhi: Several areas in South Delhi
will face power cuts for next two weeks beginning tomorrow due
to a planned shut down of a major transmission line.
A power department official said the 220-KV
Badarpur-Okhla line will be closed down to carry out
construction activities at the under-construction Metro depot
at Sarita Vihar.
"The 220-KV line will be shut down tomorrow and it
will be functional on May 18. All the areas in South Delhi,
including Grater Kailas, East of Kailas, Vasant Kunj, Munirka,
JNU, Okhla, Nehru Place and Tuglakabad will face power cuts
due to the shut down," the official said.
However, alternative arrangements are being made to
supply power in this locality through other lines. The height
of the 220-KV line will be further elevated for easy
functioning of the depot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'