SP dismisses AAP`s emergence as a `bubble`
Agra: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday dismissed Aam Aadmi Party as a "bulbula" (bubble) that would soon burst, days after the party came out with stunning results in Delhi elections.
On the threat faced by the new party in Uttar Pradesh, Mulayam said AAP did not have any presence in UP to make an impact.
He was responding to queries on the emergence of Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP as a power in the political arena.
On BJP`s dominance in the polls in four states, the SP supremo said, "Wait for the Lok Sabha polls and let the people decide whom they want," and exuded confidence that a third front would be formed after the polls and its leader would be elected only then.
Later, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav told reporters that it was for the Congress to examine the causes of its defeat in the four states.
He brushed aside questions on the emergence of the AAP, asking "Kya hai yeh (What is it)?.
About SP`s chances in Lok Sabha polls, he said it was for the people to decide. "Our work is to work for the people."
In reply to a question that tickets were being given to muscle men by the party, he said there was no case against the wife of Adeeq Ahmed, the so-called muscle man.
On an international airport for Agra, he said land was being selected on the Agra-Firozabad road and state government was considering reducing VAT on tourism industry to increase tourists to Agra.
Asked about the achievements of his government, the Chief Minister said so far his government was undoing the damage caused by the previous BSP regime.
Only after this, steps to take the state forward could be taken, and this was now being done with new projects being initiated, he said citing examples of the Agra-Lucknow expressway, and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi