SP, NCP list of candidates for Delhi Assembly Elections soon
New Delhi: With nomination filing for Delhi assembly polls ending on Saturday, Samajwadi Party (SP) and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) are still considering their lists of candidates.
Both SP and NCP had earlier announced they would contest all the 70 seats.
NCP Delhi President Kanwar Pratap Singh PTI that the first list of its candidates would be announced on Wednesday, while SP said it would declare the first list on Thursday.
"There is a meeting on Wednesday morning, following which we will announce the names which are cleared by senior leaders. Rest will be declared the next day."
SP Delhi unit President Usha Yadav said the party has finalized the names of candidates for a majority of the seats and would announce the first list on Thursday.
"Following a recent meeting of many secular parties in Delhi, we have kept seats for sharing with other coalition parties.
"As we have not received any instruction from the party`s high command in this regard, we are finalizing the names for these seats as well and announce them in the second list," said Yadav.
Candidates can file their nominations from November 9 till November 16. After scrutiny of nominations on November 18, candidates can withdraw their candidatures by November 20.
In last assembly elections, NCP and SP had fielded candidates from 16 and 36 seats respectively. NCP`s vote share was 1.38 per cent, while SP got 0.48 per cent votes in 2008 Delhi assembly election but failed to win any seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers