Speaker angry over member pointing finger at Chair
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar
on Thursday took exception to a Congress member pointing finger at
the Chair while trying to make a point in the House.
Soon after the Zero Hour was over, Science and Technology
Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal rose to take up the legislative
In the meantime, Lal Singh (Cong) said he should be given
a chance to raise the issue related to his state of Jammu and
Singh refused to take his seat despite the Speaker
repeatedly asking him to raise the issue during the second
half of Zero Hour in the evening.
He was seen pointing finger at the Chair at which Kumar
objected and sternly asked him not to point finger.
Bansal had to intervene to ask Singh to take his seat and
allow the House to take up Government business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up