Special bus services for DU students soon
New Delhi: Special buses will soon be started for the students of Delhi University (DU) both at the north and south campuses.
A student delegation of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) Monday met Kishan Pal Gurjar, minister of state for road transport and submitted a memorandum demanding special university buses.
"The minister has replied positively and promised that the bus services will be started soon," ABVP secretary Rohit Chahal told IANS.
There are two-three DTC buses running already in Delhi University north campus which ferry students from Metro stations to various colleges.
"There are buses only for the north campus students, so we have demanded more buses for the students of the south campus and for colleges located outside the campuses," Chahal said.
Delhi University, one of the premier institutions in the country, has 78 affiliated colleges located in different parts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US-backed Syria rebels unleash offensive against IS capital
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...