Special bus services for DU students soon
New Delhi: Special buses will soon be started for the students of Delhi University (DU) both at the north and south campuses.
A student delegation of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) Monday met Kishan Pal Gurjar, minister of state for road transport and submitted a memorandum demanding special university buses.
"The minister has replied positively and promised that the bus services will be started soon," ABVP secretary Rohit Chahal told IANS.
There are two-three DTC buses running already in Delhi University north campus which ferry students from Metro stations to various colleges.
"There are buses only for the north campus students, so we have demanded more buses for the students of the south campus and for colleges located outside the campuses," Chahal said.
Delhi University, one of the premier institutions in the country, has 78 affiliated colleges located in different parts of the city.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception