Special bus services for DU students soon
New Delhi: Special buses will soon be started for the students of Delhi University (DU) both at the north and south campuses.
A student delegation of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) Monday met Kishan Pal Gurjar, minister of state for road transport and submitted a memorandum demanding special university buses.
"The minister has replied positively and promised that the bus services will be started soon," ABVP secretary Rohit Chahal told IANS.
There are two-three DTC buses running already in Delhi University north campus which ferry students from Metro stations to various colleges.
"There are buses only for the north campus students, so we have demanded more buses for the students of the south campus and for colleges located outside the campuses," Chahal said.
Delhi University, one of the premier institutions in the country, has 78 affiliated colleges located in different parts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next