Special bus services for DU students soon
New Delhi: Special buses will soon be started for the students of Delhi University (DU) both at the north and south campuses.
A student delegation of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) Monday met Kishan Pal Gurjar, minister of state for road transport and submitted a memorandum demanding special university buses.
"The minister has replied positively and promised that the bus services will be started soon," ABVP secretary Rohit Chahal told IANS.
There are two-three DTC buses running already in Delhi University north campus which ferry students from Metro stations to various colleges.
"There are buses only for the north campus students, so we have demanded more buses for the students of the south campus and for colleges located outside the campuses," Chahal said.
Delhi University, one of the premier institutions in the country, has 78 affiliated colleges located in different parts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II