Special bus services for DU students soon
New Delhi: Special buses will soon be started for the students of Delhi University (DU) both at the north and south campuses.
A student delegation of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) Monday met Kishan Pal Gurjar, minister of state for road transport and submitted a memorandum demanding special university buses.
"The minister has replied positively and promised that the bus services will be started soon," ABVP secretary Rohit Chahal told IANS.
There are two-three DTC buses running already in Delhi University north campus which ferry students from Metro stations to various colleges.
"There are buses only for the north campus students, so we have demanded more buses for the students of the south campus and for colleges located outside the campuses," Chahal said.
Delhi University, one of the premier institutions in the country, has 78 affiliated colleges located in different parts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer