Special CBI court denies anticipatory bail to SAD (Badal) councillor
New Delhi: A special CBI court on Tuesday dismissed the anticipatory bail of Delhi Municipal Councillor and Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) national Vice-President Dimple Chadha, who is accused of demanding bribe from a builder.
Special CBI Judge Pradeep Chaddah dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of Dimple, who is Councillor of Sant Garh in west Delhi`s Tilak Nagar.
The councillor`s personal assistant Gagan Arora is also an accused in the case and was arrested by CBI on September 15.
The CBI registered a case against Dimple and his aide on the complaint of a builder that the councillor was demanding bribe of Rs 1.25 lakh to ensure that MCD`s building department will not take action on the structure being constructed by him at Sant Garh area.
The CBI laid a trap on September 15 and Arora was caught accepting a bribe of Rs. One lakh from the builder. Dimple, however, absconded.
While dismissing his anticipatory bail, the court also noted that a complaint against Dimple has been filed before the Lokayukta by a businessman alleging harassment at the hands of the councillor.
The complaint before the Lokayukta was brought to the court`s notice by the builder, who is the complainant in the bribery case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch