Special CBI court denies anticipatory bail to SAD (Badal) councillor
New Delhi: A special CBI court on Tuesday dismissed the anticipatory bail of Delhi Municipal Councillor and Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) national Vice-President Dimple Chadha, who is accused of demanding bribe from a builder.
Special CBI Judge Pradeep Chaddah dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of Dimple, who is Councillor of Sant Garh in west Delhi`s Tilak Nagar.
The councillor`s personal assistant Gagan Arora is also an accused in the case and was arrested by CBI on September 15.
The CBI registered a case against Dimple and his aide on the complaint of a builder that the councillor was demanding bribe of Rs 1.25 lakh to ensure that MCD`s building department will not take action on the structure being constructed by him at Sant Garh area.
The CBI laid a trap on September 15 and Arora was caught accepting a bribe of Rs. One lakh from the builder. Dimple, however, absconded.
While dismissing his anticipatory bail, the court also noted that a complaint against Dimple has been filed before the Lokayukta by a businessman alleging harassment at the hands of the councillor.
The complaint before the Lokayukta was brought to the court`s notice by the builder, who is the complainant in the bribery case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India