Special helpline for women harassed by stalkers
New Delhi: Now, help is just a call away
for women who are being harassed by stalkers in the capital
with Delhi Police starting a special helpline from tomorrow.
Stalking victims can call the helpline, which will be
operate under the Crime Branch, to file their complaints.
"We have an anti-obscenity cell. We are satisfied with
its functioning. So we decided about this new initiative to
help women. It will start from tomorrow," City Police
Commissioner Y S Dadwal told reporters.
This is an extension of the existing anti-obscenity
"These cases will be dealt by district police. But
there will be monitoring at the central level," Dadwal said.
"There is a lot of insecurity among women. We hope
this new helpline will go a long way in helping them," he
A total of 14,061 calls were made to the
anti-obscenity cell till March this year since its inception a
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife