Specialist from Mumbai flown in to review Jaswant`s condition
New Delhi: Condition of former BJP leader Jaswant Singh, who suffered head injuries, continues to be grave with a critical care specialist from Mumbai being flown in here to examine him.
The 76-year-old, who is in coma, was admitted to the Army Research and Referral Hospital here on Friday after he had fallen down. The former Defence Minister continues to be on life support system.
"He is still in coma and on ventilatory support. His vitals are stable and condition continues to be grave. Eminent critical care specialist from Mumbai, Dr Udwadia reviewed Mr Jaswant Singh`s condition this evening," Defence Ministry spokesperson, Sitanshu Kar said.
Singh, who had also served as External Affairs and Finance Minister during the previous NDA regime, was expelled from BJP early this year after he had decided to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Barmer in Rajasthan as an Independent after being denied a party ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...