Speeding car rams into Delhi Police van, escapes
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured when a car they were chasing here rammed into their vehicle in the early hours Sunday, police said.
The incident was reported around 4 am when a Police Control Room (PCR) van noticed an overspeeding car near Sir Chhotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi.
Police gave chase and overtook the speeding car, which rammed into the PCR and sped away.
"Head constables Udaybhan, 47, and Satbeer, 58, were admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital. Their condition is stable," said a police officer.
A case has been registered and a search is on to trace the vehicle and its occupants, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security