Speeding car rams into Delhi Police van, escapes
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured when a car they were chasing here rammed into their vehicle in the early hours Sunday, police said.
The incident was reported around 4 am when a Police Control Room (PCR) van noticed an overspeeding car near Sir Chhotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi.
Police gave chase and overtook the speeding car, which rammed into the PCR and sped away.
"Head constables Udaybhan, 47, and Satbeer, 58, were admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital. Their condition is stable," said a police officer.
A case has been registered and a search is on to trace the vehicle and its occupants, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump