Speeding car rams into Delhi Police van, escapes
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured when a car they were chasing here rammed into their vehicle in the early hours Sunday, police said.
The incident was reported around 4 am when a Police Control Room (PCR) van noticed an overspeeding car near Sir Chhotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi.
Police gave chase and overtook the speeding car, which rammed into the PCR and sped away.
"Head constables Udaybhan, 47, and Satbeer, 58, were admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital. Their condition is stable," said a police officer.
A case has been registered and a search is on to trace the vehicle and its occupants, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'