Speeding car rams into Delhi Police van, escapes
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured when a car they were chasing here rammed into their vehicle in the early hours Sunday, police said.
The incident was reported around 4 am when a Police Control Room (PCR) van noticed an overspeeding car near Sir Chhotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi.
Police gave chase and overtook the speeding car, which rammed into the PCR and sped away.
"Head constables Udaybhan, 47, and Satbeer, 58, were admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital. Their condition is stable," said a police officer.
A case has been registered and a search is on to trace the vehicle and its occupants, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city