Speeding trucks kill three in separate road accidents in Delhi
New Delhi: A motorcyclist was killed when a speeding truck hit him and dragged him for about three kilometres, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place in Kashmere Gate area last night and the deceased has been identified as Amit Kapoor (30), who worked in a call centre in Gurgaon and was on the way to pick up a friend.
He died on the spot and the driver fled the scene abandoning the truck.
In another case, 50-year-old Shayada Bibi was killed when a truck rammed into a rickshaw in Geeta Colony.
Her husband was injured in the incident.
Auto driver Israil (44) was crushed to death in another accident involving a truck in New Usmanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets