Spl Assembly session: IG Stadium unavailable, AAP scouts for fresh venue
New Delhi: The AAP government is exploring alternative sites for holding the special sitting of the Assembly for passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill after being told that its preferred venue of Indira Gandhi Stadium already has a booking for the date chosen for the same.
The Sports Authority of India (SAI) today informed Delhi government that the Indira Gandhi Stadium is already book on February 16.
"We are now looking for another site as we have been informed that the venue is already booked on February 16.
"We are thinking about booking the Chhatrasal Stadium near the Model Town or the Thyagaraj Sports Complex in INA Colony," said a senior Delhi government official.
Delhi government had initially announced that it would hold the special session at Ramlila Maidan, but due to security concerns raised by police, it settled for Indira Gandhi Stadium as the venue where the Jan Lokpal Bill was to be passed.
The AAP government has announced that it would convene a special session of the Assembly from February 13 to 16 to debate and clear the Bill with the last day`s proceedings to be held at a public venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Islamic State advances against Syrian rebels near Turkish border - monitor
- Korean Air jet catches fire at Tokyo's Haneda airport, forcing evacuation
- PM Modi to reshuffle Union Cabinet soon, may drop non-performing NDA ministers
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya
- FDI up 16.5% to $2.46 billion in March