Spl exercise to oversee operation of DTC buses
New Delhi: Over 200 senior officials of Delhi
Transport Corporation today carried out a massive special
exercise to oversee operation of its 5,000 strong bus fleet
which provide the backbone of the public transport system in
The team took stock of the entire transport operation
along 600 routes across the city. The exercise will continue
for next few days.
The officials deployed included Chief General Managers,
Deputy Chief General Managers and Senior Managers of DTC.
"They are inspecting whether buses are running as per
their schedule time allotted to each bus, behaviour of the
crew and even asking the passengers about their experience,"
an official said.
As part of the drive, the checking staff will also keep a
watch on commuters travelling without tickets.
"The exercise has been initiated to make the DTC bus
service more reliable and commuter friendly," the official
The city Government, which has bought over 4,000 low
floor CNG-run buses for the DTC in the last two years, has
been making efforts to improve the public transport system in
After years of dilly-dallying, Delhi Government last
month had decided to completely phase out 2,400
privately-owned blueline buses, which gained notoriety for
frequent accidents, by December 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video