Sporadic rains in Delhi, more likely
New Delhi: Sporadic rains across the national capital made for a cooler Sunday, bringing down the maximum temperature to 32.9 degrees Celsius, a notch below the average for the season.
While rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours to Sunday evening was 24.6 mm, the Met department forecast more rains Monday.
"The sky would remain generally cloudy. One or two spells of rain are likely in some areas," said an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
"Rainfall could be heavy in some areas. Maximum and minimum temperature will be around 32 and 25 degrees Celsius," the Met official added.
The minimum temperature Sunday stood at 25 degrees Celsius, a notch below the average for the season.
Humidity was recorded at a whopping 98 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what