Sporadic showers bring joy to Delhiites, more expected Sunday
New Delhi: Pleasant weather continued in the national capital Saturday as sporadic rain and cool winds kept the mercury down, providing relief from the heat. The Met office has forecast more showers Sunday.
The city received 2.6 mm of rainfall between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm.
The skies remained cloudy for a major part of the day Saturday and the maximum temperature settled at 37.1 degrees, two notches below the season`s average.
As the city received a brief spell of early morning showers, the minimum temperature too settled two notches below the average at 25.5 degrees.
"The day started on a good note thanks to the showers. I hope the weather remains pleasant on Sunday as well," Ankita Oberoi, a 24-year-old student said.
Being a weekend, several Delhiites especially families thronged city hotspots like the central Delhi commercial hub Connaught Place as well as India Gate.
"I`ve come here for a picnic with my family as the weather was cool and pleasant," said 16-year-old Ruchi Mathur as she gorged on an ice-cream while riding a swing at Children`s Park, adjacent to India Gate.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast more rain Sunday.
"The sky will be partly cloudy tomorrow (Sunday). Light rain and thunderstorm can occur in some parts of the city," said an IMD official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 38 and 27 degrees Celsius respectively.
The maximum temperature Friday settled three notches below the season`s average at 36.4 degrees Celsius while the minimum temperature was recorded five notches below the season`s average at 22.7 degrees Celsius.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists