Spurned by girl, Delhi youth attacks her parents
New Delhi: A youth on Sunday shot and injured the father of a girl who rejected his proposal, police said. He also attacked and injured the girl`s mother with a stick.
Yogesh, 55, and his wife Poonam, 50, were attacked by the young man in their house in Jyoti Nagar in east Delhi, police said.
The youth, who is now untraceable and on the run, shot the girl`s father in the abdomen and assaulted the mother with a stick, police said.
He came to the house in the morning and proposed to the elder daughter of Yogesh and as she refused, he targeted her parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why