Spurned by girl, Delhi youth attacks her parents
New Delhi: A youth on Sunday shot and injured the father of a girl who rejected his proposal, police said. He also attacked and injured the girl`s mother with a stick.
Yogesh, 55, and his wife Poonam, 50, were attacked by the young man in their house in Jyoti Nagar in east Delhi, police said.
The youth, who is now untraceable and on the run, shot the girl`s father in the abdomen and assaulted the mother with a stick, police said.
He came to the house in the morning and proposed to the elder daughter of Yogesh and as she refused, he targeted her parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?