Spurned by girl, Delhi youth attacks her parents
New Delhi: A youth on Sunday shot and injured the father of a girl who rejected his proposal, police said. He also attacked and injured the girl`s mother with a stick.
Yogesh, 55, and his wife Poonam, 50, were attacked by the young man in their house in Jyoti Nagar in east Delhi, police said.
The youth, who is now untraceable and on the run, shot the girl`s father in the abdomen and assaulted the mother with a stick, police said.
He came to the house in the morning and proposed to the elder daughter of Yogesh and as she refused, he targeted her parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday