Spurned by girl, Delhi youth attacks her parents
New Delhi: A youth on Sunday shot and injured the father of a girl who rejected his proposal, police said. He also attacked and injured the girl`s mother with a stick.
Yogesh, 55, and his wife Poonam, 50, were attacked by the young man in their house in Jyoti Nagar in east Delhi, police said.
The youth, who is now untraceable and on the run, shot the girl`s father in the abdomen and assaulted the mother with a stick, police said.
He came to the house in the morning and proposed to the elder daughter of Yogesh and as she refused, he targeted her parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city