Spying case: Notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Tuesday issued notice to Madhuri Gupta, a suspended Indian diplomat and alleged spy of Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence, on a Delhi Police plea seeking her trial under offences that carry a maximum punishment of 14 years and not just three years.
Gupta, 53, a second secretary at the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, was arrested April 27, 2010 for alleged spying and on charges of passing on information to the Pakistani intelligence agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH