Spying case: Notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Tuesday issued notice to Madhuri Gupta, a suspended Indian diplomat and alleged spy of Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence, on a Delhi Police plea seeking her trial under offences that carry a maximum punishment of 14 years and not just three years.
Gupta, 53, a second secretary at the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, was arrested April 27, 2010 for alleged spying and on charges of passing on information to the Pakistani intelligence agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read