Spying case: Notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Tuesday issued notice to Madhuri Gupta, a suspended Indian diplomat and alleged spy of Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence, on a Delhi Police plea seeking her trial under offences that carry a maximum punishment of 14 years and not just three years.
Gupta, 53, a second secretary at the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, was arrested April 27, 2010 for alleged spying and on charges of passing on information to the Pakistani intelligence agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey