Sr-citizens to have reserved seats in low-floor DTC buses
New Delhi: Senior citizens in the city will
no longer have to jostle for a seat in the swanky low-floor
DTC buses as government has decided to reserve some seats for
Transport Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said the
low-floor DTC buses will soon have seats reserved for the
At present, each low-floor bus has four reserved seats
only for women. The general DTC buses have two reserved seats
for the senior citizens.
The DTC, which runs the world`s largest fleet of CNG
buses, have been procuring low-floor buses as part of its
efforts to modernise programme.
Officials said during next year`s Commonwealth Games, the
DTC will have a fleet of 5,000 low-floor buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor