Sr-citizens to have reserved seats in low-floor DTC buses
New Delhi: Senior citizens in the city will
no longer have to jostle for a seat in the swanky low-floor
DTC buses as government has decided to reserve some seats for
Transport Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said the
low-floor DTC buses will soon have seats reserved for the
At present, each low-floor bus has four reserved seats
only for women. The general DTC buses have two reserved seats
for the senior citizens.
The DTC, which runs the world`s largest fleet of CNG
buses, have been procuring low-floor buses as part of its
efforts to modernise programme.
Officials said during next year`s Commonwealth Games, the
DTC will have a fleet of 5,000 low-floor buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker